söndag 13 januari 2013

Dagens citat

"In the past, the EU and Norway have claimed 90 per cent of the recommended catch for themselves, leaving just 10 per cent for Iceland, the Faroe Islands and Russia, even though a far higher percentage of the stock is in our waters. This is not a fair or realistic solution and puts the long-term sustainability of mackerel at risk. Iceland is hopeful that the EU and Norway, will decide to take a considerably lower proportion of the advised catch, helping to protect the mackerel stock and the economies that rely on it."

Näringsgrensminister Steingrímur J. Sigfússon i The Scotsman om makrillkriget mellan Island och Färöarna samt EU och Norge.